Creation of cloud storage accounts for NovaBACKUP
Last Updated: July 14, 2021 8:20P CET
- If an existing NovaBACKUP installation is on the machine uninstall this first
- Make sure on the last step of uninstall there is a checkbox that says removes indexes and logs. UNCHECK that.
- You then want to go to your CMON https://portal.online-backup.com
- Your login is always your email and whatever password you chose.
- You will go to Cloud Storage Accounts at the top and choose to create a new cloud storage account
- If this is your first time it will put you in a creation wizard where it asks you for username and password right away
- VERY IMPORTANT to remember the password as there is no back door to any data
- You now can proceed with installation of the software.
- Typical installation is normally best for 99% of installations
- You will notice on first launch of the software it will present you with a CMON login.
- Remember any time there is a CMON login its always your email address and your password
- Once you put your credentials in and hit Next it will present you with a list of your current Cloud Storage Accounts
- Pick the account that you want to associate with the installation by clicking Connect
- It will prompt you for a password which is the password of the cloud storage account you setup
- Once you enter that and click next it should bring down a license and also add a device
- You will have to close the software down and open it back up for the license to take effect
- At this point you are ready to start setting up jobs.
- NOTE: You may now check you CMON portal and on the Agents and Groups tab you should see this installation/agent which is portrayed as the computer name.