You will need install NovaBACKUP Business Essentials onto a machine that has Proxy access to the VMware host (vSphere Server) that will then perform the backups.
NovaBACKUP will only function on a Windows Host.
NOTE: The FREE edition of VMware is not supported by NovaBACKUP to perform VMware backups. NovaBACKUP requires a LICENSED edition of VMware vSphere / ESXi to support VM backups, otherwise VMware backup jobs will fail at the start.
The most straightforward method is to utilize the Virtual Dashboard
NovaBACKUP Virtual Dashboard Quickstart Guide
The alternate method utilizes a Default Setting and adds an entry to the bottom of the File list on the Backup tab (it will look and function like the "System State" entry):
- Open the Main Menu ('N' Logo)
- Choose "Default Settings"
- Navigate to the "VMware Servers" tab
- Select [Add]
- Enter the Server Name or IP address of the vSphere Server
- Enter the user credentials, root is preferred, otherwise domain\username
- [Test Connection] to confirm it is reachable using the provided credentials
- Click [OK] to add the server to the list
- Click [OK] to save the changes to the Default Settings
NOTE: You may need to restart NovaBACKUP (close and reopen the window) to see the entry on the Backup tab