NovaBACKUP CMon 19 Overview
This NovaBACKUP CMon (Central Monitoring Console) 19 Overview video provides a general overview of the features in CMon and what it can be utilized for. NovaBACKUP CMon is an HTML5 web based Central Monitoring application compatible with NovaBACKUP and xSP backup clients. The CMon software must be installed and we recommend watching the CMon 19 Installation Guide video linked here and in the video description. The Installation Guide video shows how to install the CMon software as well as how to connect your backup clients as agents to the CMon so that they can be centrally monitored via CMon's web interface.
NovaBACKUP CMon should work with most HTML5 compliant web browsers. Web browsers that have been tested include:
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome for Android and iOS, and Safari for iOS.
We recommend the video be watched in full screen / HD.
Note: Please view the video in 1080p resolution when possible, by changing the resolution inside the YouTube video, as that is the native resolution that this video was recorded in, otherwise there will be loss of clarity. YouTube sometimes does not auto-detect the resolution properly.
- Introduction to the NovaBACKUP CMon 19 Overview video - 0:00
- Details and link to the NovaBACKUP CMon 19 Installation Guide (Recommended method using Microsoft SQL and IIS Web Server) video - 0:09
- Starting the CMon using an HTML5 compatible web browser - 0:46
- Logging in to the CMon (using default credentials) - 0:58
- Dashboard area - 1:14
- Dashboard area - Details on color codes used for backup status - 1:47
- Dashboard area- Viewing an agent's details (details include the computer name, IP address, OS, edition/version/license of backup client, devices, and job history/logs) - 2:49
- Agents and Groups area - 4:24
- Agents and Groups area - Creating a new group - 4:46
- Agents and Groups area - Assigning / moving an agent to a group - 5:08
- Jobs area - 5:57
- Notifications menu - 6:28
- Notifications menu - Triggers area - 7:01
- Notifications menu - Triggers area - Create a notification trigger - 7:07
- Notifications menu - History area - 9:24
- Settings menu - 9:47
- Settings menu - Notification settings (the Email Server is defined here, you can select either the NovaStor supplied SMTP server or define a Custom SMTP server) - 10:38
- Settings menu - Users settings - 11:31
- Settings menu - Roles settings - 12:09
- Help menu - 13:01
Other CMon Videos:
NovaBACKUP CMon 19 Installation Guide (Recommended method using Microsoft SQL and IIS Web Server): https://youtu.be/bu-b4jmpDpQ
Setting up NovaBACKUP for use with CMon - How To: https://youtu.be/-NSpX_mi65s
CMon 19.3 Documentation:
CMon 19.3 User Manual (PDF): https://files.novabackup.com/wp-conte...
NovaBACKUP 19.3 System Requirements (PDF) - Read the section regarding the CMon requirements: https://files.novabackup.com/wp-conte...