NovaBACKUP CMon 19 Installation Guide (Recommended method using Microsoft SQL and IIS Web Server)
DOWNLOAD CMON: https://novabackup.novastor.com/data-...
This video covers installation of NovaBACKUP CMon 19 using our recommended method of installation, with Microsoft SQL Server and IIS Web Server. NovaBACKUP CMon provides a built in SQLite database and a built in web server component, however if there are more than 5 backup agents that will connect to the CMon then we recommend the use of Microsoft SQL Server and IIS Web Server as there will be increased performance over the built in database and web server components. This recommended method that we detail in this guide installs the CMon with Microsoft SQL Server (any edition) and Microsoft IIS Web Server. In this example we install CMon 19.3 on a Windows Server 2016 operating system and the steps include installing Microsoft IIS Web Server (w/IIS 6 Management Compatibility Role), for the web server component, and Microsoft SQL Server Express 2017 for the database component. After that we install NovaBACKUP CMon 19.3. Finally we configure a NovaBACKUP backup software client to connect to the CMon server as an agent. All installations are performed on a single Windows Server 2016 virtual machine.
We recommend the video be watched in full screen / HD.
Note: Please view the video in 720p resolution when possible, by changing the resolution inside the YouTube video, as that is the native resolution that this video was recorded in, otherwise there will be loss of clarity. YouTube sometimes does not auto-detect the resolution properly.
- Details on the recommended CMon installation method (Microsoft SQL + IIS) - 0:00
- Install Web Server (IIS) w/IIS 6 Management Compatibility role - 1:09
- Install Microsoft SQL Server Express (2017 version) - 1:53
- Install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) for SQL Server - 2:48
- Configure Microsoft SQL Server for Mixed Mode Authentication (SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode) and enable the "sa" user (both required by CMon) - 4:29
- Verify that you can login to SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) using the "sa" user configured in the prior step - 7:38
- Install CMon and specify Microsoft SQL Server for the database and IIS for the web server component - 8:00
- Configure NovaBACKUP client to connect to CMon - 11:40
- Start a CMon HTML5 based web session and login for the first time - 13:22
- Complete a backup in NovaBACKUP to show that it can report the status to CMon - 15:17
The recommended versions of Microsoft SQL Server (all editions) include:
SQL Server 2014, 2016, and 2017. In this example we use SQL Server Express 2017 (free version).
The recommended Operating Systems include:
Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019. In this example we use Server 2016.
Other CMon Videos:
NovaBACKUP CMon 19 Overview: https://youtu.be/OPkFyUQBTAI
Setting up NovaBACKUP for use with CMon - How To: https://youtu.be/-NSpX_mi65s
CMon 19.3 Documentation:
CMon 19.3 User Manual (PDF): https://files.novabackup.com/wp-conte...
NovaBACKUP 19.3 System Requirements (PDF) - Read the section regarding the CMon requirements: https://files.novabackup.com/wp-conte...