In January of 2019 we changed our main website to require an SSL / HTTPS connection to https://www.novastor.com.
The "In the news" section of the Home tab screen in NovaBACKUP may not be able to display the graphic images that it is supposed to display inside that area if NovaBACKUP is running on a Server OS System in combination with one setting in Internet Explorer, or if NovaBACKUP is running on a Server OS and Internet Explorer is using default settings. This is due to the images attempting to load from our secure website and Internet Explorer running on a Server OS has a setting which by default prompts if you are attempting to view content over a secure connection.
This change should not impact our customers that have NovaBACKUP installed on a Workstation Operating System, such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10.
For our customers that are using a Server OS, such as Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016, depending on the Internet Explorer settings on the machine the information on the Home tab located within the NovaBACKUP will not work correctly without some adjustments to Internet Explorer's settings.
Please follow the instructions below to adjust your Internet Explorer settings to allow the embedded Internet Explorer page to load within NovaBACKUP on the Support tab:
- Open Internet Explorer on the Server.
- Navigate to https://www.novastor.com
- Select the checkbox "In the future, do not show this warning"
- Click [OK]
- Exit out of Internet Explorer.
- Load NovaBACKUP and via the Home tab, make sure that "In the news" section displays a valid graphic image inside it and is not blank. Here is an example of what this would look like for a Licensed version, highlighted in yellow:
- Here is an example of what this would look like for a Trial version, highlighted in yellow:
- Note: If this is the first time running the NovaBACKUP client on this Server OS, please exit and run the application one additional time to check to see if the "In the news" section image loads properly.