[Guide] How to clear the xSP cache
NovaBACKUP xSP / Remote Workforce
Sometimes the backup job does not restore because the backup itself simply fails.
This is a guide for use to help the client and server to recheck what is needed and what isn't.
How to "clear" the xSP cache: Client Side
- First you will start the NovaBackup Client and navigate to the Device button. Click on the device button and click on the device that you are using (xSP device).
- Then you would click on the Advance button on the top, middle of the page.
- Next you would proceed to the Empty folder button, this would empty the information in the temporary folder that is above this button.
- To make sure that the temporary file is cleared restart "Novastor NovaBackup Backup/Copy Engine" in services.msc.
How to "clear" the xSp cache: Server Side
- On your server you would navigate to the Backup Directory and you would double click to open it.
- Then you would proceed to user data, click on it and rename the file cache.apf to old_cache.apf.
- After the completion of the renaming task, you would run the backup again. (This will recheck the old files against the new file).