How to move data from one storage volume to another
NovaBACKUP xSP / Remote Workforce
You may find yourself needing to move Storage data to a different volume, for the purposes of maintenance, expansion, or some other administrative reason. You can do this using the "Move" function of a Storage location in the Configuration Manager.
- Open the Configuration Manager on the Storage Server.
- Select the Storage tab.
- Identify the Storage location you want to move to a new volume.
- If you have multiple storage locations you are moving, they MUST be kept seperate on the new volume. This information cannot be merged into a single volume location.
- In windows, locate the volume where the data will be moved to and create a folder for the data.(data cannot be stored in the root of a volume).
- Stop incoming traffic to the storage server, normally by blocking port 308.
Move the Data
- Copy the data from the source Storage Location to the new folder you created.
- After you have verified that the data has copied successfully, open the Configuration Manager.
- On the Storage tab, select the storage volume you are moving, and click the [Move] button
- Enter the direct path for the new location (we do not recommend a mapped drive if this is a NAS or SAN)
- Click [OK]
Test the data with a restore
- Restore traffic to the storage server by unblocking port 308
- Using an account that has backed up to that location attempt to restore some data.
You should be able to successfully perform a restore.