Pushing CMon / CMC Settings via NovaBACKUP Storage Server
NovaBACKUP xSP / Remote Workforce
Last Updated: Jan 20, 2014 09:38AM PST
In version 12.2 and higher of NovaBACKUP Storage Server / NovaBACKUP Clients there is the ability to push Central Management Configuration settings to clients connecting to your NovaBACKUP Storage Server. Follow the steps below to configure the Storage Server:
- Open the NovaBACKUP Storage Server Configuration Manager
- Select the "Accounts" tab
- Click on [Group Policy Settings]
- Select the "Settings" tab
- Click the [New] button
- In the Setting Name field, type ManagementServerURL
- In the Setting Value field, enter the URL or IP and Port address of your CMC with the format:
Apply your settings and close the Configuration Manager. The next time a client queries the server or performs a backup it will receive the updated settings.
NOTE: This setting will NOT automatically start the Backup Client Agent Service. To start the Backup Client Agent Service you will need to manually start it through the NovaBACKUP Client, install the client using command-line switches, or run the following command in an Administrator Command Prompt:
sc config "Backup Client Agent Service" start= auto
You will see the result, "[SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS" if the service has been switched to Automatic.