We have recently changed our support system, part of this change involved a new host for our Support Knowledge Base, where the Support tab of the software looked for information.
Some items will not function as expected on this page when viewed within the software, as cookies are not saved by default, there should be a dialog when a cookie will be required.
You will be unable to Sign In to the support system without cookies enabled.
This change should not impact our customers that have NovaBACKUP installed on a Workstation Operating System, such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10.
For our customers that are using a Server OS, such as Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016, depending on the Internet Explorer settings on the machine the information on the Support Tab located within NovaBACKUP will not work correctly without some adjustments to Internet Explorer.
Please follow the instructions below to adjust your Internet Explorer settings to allow the embedded Internet Explorer page to load within NovaBACKUP on the Support tab:
- Open Internet Explorer on the Server
- Navigate to https://support.novastor.com
- Select the checkbox "In the future, do not show this warning"
- Click [OK]
- Open Internet Options from the menu (gear icon top right)
- Security tab
- [Apply] & [OK]
- There may be a warning message indicating your machine may be at risk when using these settings, this will show when you adjust any internet options from their defaults.
- Verify you have access to the support center within Internet Explorer
- Try signing in, viewing articles, etc
- Open NovaBACKUP, navigate to the Support Tab, see if it loads.
If you are NOT prompted with the "Security Alert" by Internet Explorer
You may need to clear your Internet Explorer cache by Resetting them to their default values, including the option to "Delete personal settings".