Exclude NovaBACKUP Files and Directories from Active Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Scanning
Occasionally, certain Anti-Virus software may incorrectly flag or interfere with your NovaBACKUP software from properly running. This can result in a failed backup job, unusually slow backup speed (transfer rate), failure for the application to start entirely, or the inability to see destinations to backup your files to. Please also confirm no files shown here have been quarantined by your Antivirus software if you cannot find the file in the listed location.
We have an alternate guide on the subject of what items to exclude if using Windows Defender Antivirus software here.
Please see the files below and add the following folders to your Antivirus exception lists if you are experiencing any of these issues and are running an Antivirus Software on your machine.
Note: NovaBACKUP 19 software currently only supports Windows 7 and above for Workstation OS and Windows Server 2008 and above for Server OS.
File Types to Exclude: (File Extensions)
Files to Exclude: (Processes or Executables)
C:\Program Files\NovaStor\NovaStor NovaBACKUP\NovaBackX.exe
C:\Program Files\NovaStor\NovaStor NovaBACKUP\nsCtrl.exe
C:\Program Files\NovaStor\NovaStor NovaBACKUP\nsService.exe
C:\Program Files\NovaStor\NovaStor NovaBACKUP\DR\DRBackup.exe
For a x64 (64-bit) OS: C:\Program Files\NovaStor\NovaStor NovaBACKUP\DR\x64\drdiag.exe
For a x86 (32-bit) OS: C:\Program Files\NovaStor\NovaStor NovaBACKUP\DR\Win32\drdiag.exe
Folders to Exclude (Program Folders):
C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaStor\
plus the Temporary Files directory, if not the default of
FYI: The Temporary Files directory can be set to a custom folder in the Default Settings -> Advanced Options -> "Temporary Files directory:" option setting, inside NovaBACKUP software, this folder will also need to be added to your exclusions.
- Windows Defender: How to exclude NovaBACKUP from Windows Defender Antivirus to speed up backups
- Symantec: How to create an application exception in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- Avast: Excluding certain files or websites from scanning in Avast Antivirus
- Trend Micro: Excluding a file or application from the anti-malware scan of Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC)
- Kaspersky: How to add an application to the Trusted list in Kaspersky Total Security
- Webroot: Blocking or Allowing Files
- AVG: Excluding certain files or websites from scanning in AVG Antivirus
- Bitdefender Home: Adding exclusions in Bitdefender
- Bitdefender Business: How to add application or process exclusions in Bitdefender Control Center
- Sophos Home: Setting scan exceptions
- Sophos Enterprise: Global Exclusions
- Avira: How do I exclude files or processes from scanning?
- Panda: Creating exclusions for Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection products
- SentinelOne: How To Configure Exclusions And Include Them In SentinelOne Policies