[Manual] Performing restore (example)
Backup/Restore - Performing restore (example)
You wish to restore data that has been backed up at an earlier time.
1. Go to Backup/Restore > Restore.
⇨ The Restore Wizards window is opened.
Selecting files for restore
1. To restore files and folders, click Files & Folders. For the other options, proceed accordingly.
⇨ The Files & Folders Restore window is opened. The Restore Wizards window is closed.
Selecting backup jobs
1. In the OS/Nodes/Jobs panel, select the operating system (OS), the node and the backup job.
2. You have the option to select more than one backup job in the OS/Nodes/Jobs. The system then searches all selected jobs to locate the files and folders to be restored.
⇨ The Job Details panel lists the associated backup jobs in chronological order.
Locating and selecting files for restore
To locate the files you wish to restore, first select the time period during which these files were backed up.
1. In the Job Details, specify the time period.
There are two ways for finding the required file:
▪ Entering search criteria
Entering search criteria:
1. In the Search for text field, enter search parameter ex: */*.log to locate all files with extension .log.
2. Start the search by clicking [Search selected].
⇨ The search function returns all files with extension .log.
1. Click [Browse selected].
⇨ The file tree is displayed where you can select the files to be restored.
Selecting backup files for restore
1. Select (✔) the files you wish to restore.
Selecting target options
Subsequently, you must select the computer and the directories to which the data is to be restored.
1. Click [Next].
⇨ The Files & Folders Restore window listing the options for the target drive is opened (see Backup/Restore - Files & Folders Restore).
Selecting target drive:
1. Select Restore to original node.
⇨ The files will be restored to the computer from which they were originally backed up.
Defining general options:
1. Select option Restore including ACLs.
⇨ The user rights of the files are included in the restore.
For alternative destination nodes, open the Restore Destination Options window and select > Use following alternative destination or enter the path of the target node.
1. Click [Browse] to locate the target (drive or directory) for the file restore.
⇨ The Select Destination Directory is opened.
2. Select the drive in the [Device] section and then select the directory in the File Browser.
3. Confirm by clicking [OK].
After you have selected the target location for the files to be restored, you can choose whether only the files or the entire filing structure of these are to be restored.
Files only / No directories
With this option, only the file name is written to the target node.
Use following path filter string
A section of the original path of the file is replaced with the path entered in Use following alternate destination.
1. Enter the desired path details.
2. Click [Restore].
The restore is carried out. You can monitor its progress in Monitoring & Restoring > Monitoring. The data selected for restore is written to the target node. The result of the restore is subsequently displayed in the Report Manager.
- File & Folders Restore
- Backup/Restore - Files & Folders Restore