Only for NovaBACKUP v10.3 and later.
Sometimes there are situations that prevent a normal restore from taking place or the time needed to to perform a normal restore is not optimal. The Direct Restore may allow you to restore your data to an alternate location.
A Direct Restore can also be used when a backup fails to Import; however, if a backup file fails to Import it is likely corrupt, and a Direct Restore will only be able to process information UP TO the point of corruption.
- This is the "Last Ditch" method to restore data from a backup file, there is nothing Technical Support can do to "skip past" corruption.
NOTE: This process will NOT restore "Plugin" backup information such as
NOTE: This process is unable to restore encrypted backup files
Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to:
- Open file
- Find the
- Add this line at the end of the
M:\testto a LOCAL destination that has plenty of space, since this process will restore all data from the backup file DIRECTLY to this location.
- Start NovaBACKUP
- Go to Restore tab and select
nsconfig.ini should similar to this:
[configuration] ScriptsMigrated=1 HyperV16Migrated=1 MaxTempFiles=100 MaxLogFiles=100 InitialView=0 StartupWizard=0 EnableMailboxRestoreDownload=1 CMCDeviceControl=0 VirtualDiskMountServicePort=32338 Drestore=M:\test [leavefree] sizeMBSystemDrive=1500 sizeMBTempDirectory=1500 [install] installed.dr=1
- The Import button will now directly restore data to the location Specified by the added line:
- If you do not see a new folder on your destination drive in 15 minutes then exit NovaBACKUP and end the
nsService.exeprocess and try again.
- Files will be restored in the order they were backed up originally.
- The process is complete when the Status tab of NovaBACKUP shows "Completed"
- If you want to change location to restore to from for additional Direct Restores:
- restart NovaBACKUP
- start [Import]/Direct Restore again.