How to perform a Direct Restore (Legacy) from the NovaBACKUP client
Direct Restore on NovaBACKUP v10.3 and later.
Sometimes there are situations that prevent a normal restore from taking place or the time needed to to perform a normal restore is not optimal. The Direct Restore may allow you to restore your data to an alternate location.
NOTE: This process will NOT restore "Plugin" backup information such as
Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to:
- Open file nsconfig.ini
- Find [configuration]
- Add this line under [configuration]
M:\test = is a temp location that all data from tape will be restored so you have to make sure you provide drive letter for hard drive that has plenty of space since it will try to restore all data from the backup file.
nsconfig.ini should look like this:
[configuration] ScriptsMigrated=1 HyperV16Migrated=1 MaxTempFiles=100 MaxLogFiles=100 InitialView=0 StartupWizard=0 EnableMailboxRestoreDownload=1 CMCDeviceControl=0 VirtualDiskMountServicePort=32338 Drestore=M:\test [leavefree] sizeMBSystemDrive=1500 sizeMBTempDirectory=1500 [all] sds.100=sql sds.101=exc sds.102=vmw sds.103=hpv [welcome] jobType=0 [ui_mode] IsSingleViewRestore=0 [install] installed.dr=1
- Start NovaBACKUP
- Go to Restore tab and select [Import].
- Import will start running the direct restore to location Specified earlier:
- If you do not see a new folder on your destination drive in 15 minutes then exit NovaBACKUP and end the
- If you want to change location to restore to:
- restart NovaBACKUP
- start [Import]/Direct Restore again.