When submitting a ticket we would prefer to have your full log set to be attached to the ticket especially for a "problem" type of ticket, meaning anything other than just a general question. Tickets can have logs attached to them and these are the instructions to gather the full set of logs including some system diagnostics that we can use to see what the problem is.
A single ZIP file of the entire set of logs is generated by the simple tool that we provide which is linked below; you run this tool on the system that you are having the problem with that is running NovaBACKUP software.
Since this error could be related to so many different source issues as a first step to get a better understanding of the problem can you follow the steps below to get the log files. We have the NovaStor Log Collector application that can collect System Information and NovaBACKUP Logs to Help us Troubleshoot the issues with NovaBACKUP.
Download link for NovaStor Log Collector Application:
Run the LogCollector.exe application and note that it can take up to 15 minutes to complete the operation.
Once completed, the NovaStor Log Collector tool will create a ZIP file on your desktop named:
You will then attach the .ZIP file via the NovaStor Support Ticket / Submit a ticket page. There is a file size limit of 20MB if using the Attachments function at the bottom of the submit a ticket page. If the file that you are attempting to attach to the ticket is larger than 20MB then use NovaStor LogCollector Uploads to upload the .ZIP file. You are required to reference your support ticket # to use the LogCollector Uploads system.
- NovaStor LogCollector Uploads - Recommended
- Download the LogCollector.exe utility
- use the link above
- locate the downloaded file, LogCollector.exe, double-click it
- normally in your downloads folder
- input your ticket number 123456
- press enter
- wait until the "DOS box" to complete
- This can take up to 15 minutes
- press a key to close the "DOS box"
- look for the .ZIP file that was made on your desktop
- navigate to novastor.com/uploads
- drag the log file .ZIP onto the page to upload it
- enter your email myEmail@myDomain.com and ticket number 123456
- click [Send]
A Note about Windows Defender updates in recent versions of Windows 10
If you are experiencing trouble with the LogCollector terminating after asking for your ticket ID:
- Open Windows Security Dashboard
- Right click on Windows Defender Task Tray bottom right and choose "View security dashboard"
- In Windows Defender Security Center click on "Virus & threat protection"
- Click on "Ransomware protection"
- Switch off "Controlled folder access"
- Execute LogCollector.
Even if you add LogCollector to the whitelist ("Add an allowed app") Defender will block the LogCollector without changing this setting.