[Manual] Tape Library - Creating off-site location
Media Management - Tape Library Management
Creating off-site location
Media are stored at an off-site location and are therefore not available for backup or restore jobs. To keep track of these media, they can be recorded in an Off-site location register, for example by means of offline export.
To do this, you must define at least one off-site location.
Proceed as follows:
1. Go to Media Management > Tape Library Management.
⇨ The Media Management window is opened.
2. Click the Off-site location tab and select Add from the shortcut menu.
⇨ The Add off-site location dialog is opened.
3. Enter a name for the off-site location.
4. If required, enter a description of the location in the Description text field.
5. Save the settings by clicking [OK].
A new off-site location is created.