[Manual] Storage - Setting up GIR pool for data storage
Media Management - Storage Management
Setting up GIR disk pool for data storage
To be able to restore individual files from virtual machines, the backup must be saved on a GIR (Granular Item Recovery) disk pool. These steps describe how such a disk pool is set up.
A GIR disk pool operates within a directory to which the backup server must have read and write access.
1. Go to Media Management > Storage Management.
⇨ The Storage Management window is opened.
2. Under Backup Servers, select the disk pool. In the shortcut menu, click Create disk pool.
⇨ The New Disk Pool dialog is opened.
Selecting pool type
1. Select GIR-Disk Pool.
Entering name of GIR disk pool
1. Enter a name for the GIR disk pool, e.g. GIR-DiskPool1.
Selecting directory to use as storage location for the backups
1. Under Directory > E:\NovaBackup or > Browse, select the drive and directory for the data backup.
You can also enter the UNC path to a network drive or the path to an NFS mount. To create a new directory, enter * and then select it. The selected directory is displayed in the file browser window.
The two attributes Name and Directory are sufficient to create a GIR disk pool. However, you have the option to define additional attributes such as Schedule and Retention Periods.
1. Confirm by clicking [OK].
Selected directories can be used for other GIR disk pools.
The new GIR disk pool GIR-DiskPool1 is created and added to the Backup Servers > Disk Pools list.