[Manual] Storage - Generating a library
Media Management - Storage Management
Generating a library
You wish to assign a tape library to the media management server. The tape library must be connected to a system controlled by the software.
Proceed as follows:
1. Go to Media Management > Storage Management.
⇨ The Storage Management window is opened.
2. Select the media management server you wish to use.
3. In the shortcut menu, select New library…
⇨ The New Library dialog is opened.
4. In the Server field, select the library server.
⇨ After the server has been selected, the system searches for hardware of type Tape Library. The library server is the system to which the tape library is connected and on which the driver for the control of the tape library is installed. If more than one library is found, a shortcut menu is displayed under Library control. The data of the individual libraries are shown in the section below.
5. Select a Library Control.
6. In the Library name field, enter a name for the library.
⇨ The name is stored in the library/media database.
7. Confirm by clicking [OK].
The new library is created on the selected media management server.