[Manual] Storage - Data backup using generations
Media Management - Storage Management
Data backup using generations
You wish to perform backups according to the grandfather-father-son principle.
4 son media
Monday to Thursday
3-4 father media
12 grandfather media
5th day of week and last Friday of month
Proceed as follows:
1. Go to Media Management > Storage Management.
⇨ The Storage Management window is opened.
2. Select Storage Group. In the shortcut menu, select New Grandfather-Father-Son.
⇨ The Grandfather-Father-Son dialog is opened:
3. Enter a name for the new group.
4. Select the storage media for grandfather, father and son.
5. Select the time patterns for grandfather, father and son.
Selection pattern for son:
Selection pattern for father:
Selection pattern for grandfather:
1. Save the settings by clicking [OK].
The Grandfather-Father-Son group is set up: