[Guide] NovaStor Direct Restore from .SV file
NovaStor DataCenter Direct Restore from .SV file
To restore directly from a backup .sv file (diskpool), launch an elevated command prompt and navigate to: C:\Program Files\NovaStor\DataCenter\Hiback>
- Type following command and press enter: hiback -cross *
- Note: You can type HE or HELP (case-sensitive) for a help screen at any prompt for more information about that prompt’s options.
- At the "Which Fileset:" prompt, enter the path and name of the save file (xxxx.SV) that you will be restoring data from and press enter:
- Example: Which Fileset: %c:\DiskPools\File.0001\17091300.SV
- At the "Function" prompt use co to configure Hiback: Function . . : co
- At the "select config:" prompt, type the restore destination and press enter.
- Example: select config: dst=c:\james\restore
- At the "Function" prompt type "re" (restore). Example: Function . . : re
- At the "Device" prompt type "CWD" and press enter. Example: Device . . . : cwd
- Enter an asterisk (*) at the "Which Files:" prompt to select all files in the directory.
- Example: Which files: *
- Enter "Y" at the "Keep Old Files (y/n):" prompt.
- Example: keep old files (y/n): y
- When the process completes you will see the summary of the restore job:
Note: The progress will be displayed in the Title bar of the command prompt window.